Saturday, November 27, 2010

one crazy month!!!

So it's been a super crazy month in the Gallon home!  Jon was sailing for most of October and been all around getting screwed at work.  It's the price he pays for being so damn good at his job.  :)  And I've been busy with the kids and trying to get the house prepared for moving.  Jon finally managed to get in touch with the officer in charge of getting him the RFO he needs to get the orders to get us out of here a couple weeks ago.  He did us a favor and promised to have it to us by the end of the month.  That was a huge relief!  We checked multiple times a day until we finally got it two days ago!!  Of course with it being Thanksgiving weekend, there's nothing we can do until Monday, but we are hopeful we'll have a bunch of our questions answered on Monday and Tuesday.  We will be off the island in no more than 3 WEEKS!!!  Holy cow!  It's so hard to believe that 3 years here, and it's over just like that.  It's really bittersweet for me.  But I'm truly thrilled that we'll get to be back home in CO for Christmas!  I must admit though, I'm dreading the stress and exhaustion that comes with moving and living out of suitcases for weeks while we go through this process.  I'm really looking forward to getting to Virginia and getting settled.  And of course being close to Sarah and Richard again!!!  YAY!  As well as the friends we've met here that are or will be there, and finally getting to meet some of the lovely ladies from an online group I am part of that I've been communicating with since I was pregnant with Hanna.  2011 is going to be a very exciting year for me!  And I am just praying for good news and some satisfactory answers come Monday!! 

So that's the news right now.  We had a nice Thanksgiving with some friends yesterday, and the day before that we enjoyed a family sailing trip on Jon's boat!  It was nice to be out on the water again, and I always feel right at home on the boat, given my Navy history!  The girls had a fabulous time, and were extremely well behaved!  I was so proud of them!  I got some great pictures, and tomorrow when I'm not using the laptop I will upload them and share. 

Connor has started army crawling all over the place!  It's so cute!  He managed to get himself all the way down the hall and into Caylie's room the other day!  I cannot believe he is 7 months old already!  Where did my baby boy go!!!????  The time surely has flown by!!  He's currently teething his top two front teeth, which is absolutely thrilling (can you hear the sarcasm there?).  Poor kid is a slobbering, drooling mess most days right now.  I can't wait to get him home and finally let the families meet him.  I'm sad they've missed out on so much of his first year.

Today was mine and Jon's 5 year wedding anniversary!  Again, where the heck did the time go?  It's been one heck of a ride, and I love him more every day than I did the day before!  He's my best friend!!!



Ok...well I'll be back to share pictures tomorrow.  I'm tired and ready for bed! 

No comments:

Post a Comment