Wednesday, December 23, 2009

IT'S A......


BOY!!!!
Ok...so it's not the best picture, but apparently this little guy is just as stubborn as his sisters! So that's yesterday's big news! Jon is WAY beyond thrilled! He couldn't go with me to the ultrasound because he had duty the night before and couldn't get relieved until 9am. Since the ultrasound was at 8...well...bummer for us. So I had the ultrasound tech print the picture and seal it in an envelope for us! She was amazing, and I was so grateful that she humored us like that! Anyway...I picked Jon up on the way home from the hospital and we opened up the envelope almost as soon as we walked in the door! I was stunned! I wish I had thought to record it with the video camera! Jon was so thrilled! We got home a little before 11am, and he had polished off almost a whole bottle of champagne before 11:30!!! He's such a goober! But we are pretty dang excited about having a son! Jon's family name would have died if we didn't, so it's pretty special to that side of the family! Wow....a son. I'm gonna have a little boy. I'm not exactly sure what to do with boys! And I'm ashamed to admit that part of me is a little sad. Both of my girls were such fun babies, and they are such beautiful little girls, and seeing "it's a boy!!" on that sonogram just made it so real that my girls aren't my "babies" anymore. I mean, they are, but they are little girls now. Oh gosh...preggo hormones! Such fun!
Anyway....so yesterday was a day of celebration! We chatted with our friends Derek, Katie, and their little girl Ella for a while, and the guys smoked cigars together to celebrate! Then I made a Shepherd's Pie for dinner, and after that we went over to Derek and Katie's house and played Super Mario on the Wii! That game is sooo fun! And Derek is a riot to play with! Such nice people they are! Then we all went to bed early, exhausted from a pretty emotional day!
Today was cleaning day! We got the house cleaned, and Jon (FINALLY!) got the backyard mowed and cleaned up! Man, it was a jungle out there! hehe! While he did that I went to the grocery store and got all the junk food I needed to make Monster Cookies, and the pies for Christmas dessert!! YUM! They are delicious! Jon also has some friends over today, so the house is buzzing. I am so looking forward to tomorrow, and having a fun Christmas Eve as a family!!

No comments:

Post a Comment