Sunday, January 3, 2010

Merry Christmas, Happy New Year.....

Scratch that!  HAPPY HOLIDAYS!!!  hehe!  Ok, once again, I am terrible!  I have wanted to post a zillion times in the last week, and I haven't had the time to really write a good one, so I fail.  Again.  booo.  Oh well....here it goes. 

I'll start with Christmas!  It was so much fun, and Caylie was soooo excited for Santa to come!!  Christmas Eve was a really fun day!  I must admit that this is the first year that we have really done anything as a little family of our own to celebrate Christmas.  For two years before this year, we were moving over Christmas, and so we didn't do a whole lot!  To start out the day we went to the NEX to let Caylie ride the Christmas train they had set up over there, and I had hoped to a picture of both the girls with Santa, but the line was soooo long, and about 15 minutes into it, Hanna's diaper leaked all over Jon and soaked them both, so unfortunately, Santa was a no-go this year.  =(  Definitely next year though.  So Caylie rode the train....

I love the face in this one!  She had so much fun!!

and then we headed home to have lunch and get a change of clothes and a nap for Hanna.  Then we decided to head over to Hickam and do a little shopping, just to get out of the house.  As luck would have it, we were going the right way.  They had shut the highway down heading away from the bases because the President and his family were flying in for the holiday!  Unfortunately I was driving, so I don't have any pictures of the cars all stopped on the over passes, and all the people walking along the highway, but it was really a sight to see.  I did manage to get a picture of Air Force One when I drove by it this past Wednesday though.  They had it parked right along the main road across Hickam! 


Anyway...back to Christmas Eve!  So this year we decided to start a new tradition and go out for breakfast for dinner on Christmas Eve...YUM!!!  We went to Denny's and enjoyed lots of giggles from the girls.   
Caylie colored with daddy,

then they took turns blowing raspberry kisses on each other!



Hanna likes to chew on lemons, and was sharing with me!

coloring!
Then it was home and to bed for the kiddos!  Caylie was so excited she refused to fall asleep!  But she finally did and we managed to get all the presents out and put around the tree.


Christmas morning was a blast!  Jon and I got up first!  We're still very much enjoying the fact that our kids are still young enough to sleep later than we do, and don't wake us up at 5am!  But they loved it!  Hanna was definitely more interested in playing with all the toys than opening anything up, which worked out well considering that all Caylie wanted to do was tear the wrapping paper off of everything!!


sleeping in on Christmas morning!

discovering the ball pit Santa brought them!

sharing!

Hanna spent the whole morning in that ball pit!

I LOVE the face!

toys!

she was fascinated!

We spent the rest of Christmas morning putting toys together and removing them from their boxes!  I baked pies to take to Derek and Katie's and just enjoying each other's company.  We had a really nice Christmas dinner at the Scofield's, and had an all around wonderful day! 

We went to Derek and Katie's house for New Year's as well, and had lots of fun just hanging out and chatting!  We lit sparklers and had a pretty quiet evening!  I love it that they live just on the other end of our building so that when it's time for the kids to go to bed, they can just go home and sleep in their own beds, I won't ever have to move them or wake them up, and checking on them every half hour or so just means taking a 10 second walk down front porch!  Some pictures from that night.


Jon and Derek with their cigars.  These two and their cigars.  Seriously.....

All four of them...they have their own "cigar club" now!

Me and Katie!


craziness!

The smoke cloud we created in the back yard!
And the funniest part of the whole night.......
the look Jon had on his face when he discovered Evan had put a sparkler out in his beer!




I'll end this extremely long post with a quick update on the pregnancy!  I am 23 weeks today, and growing super fast.  Here's the picture I took today...don't laugh.  I spent the morning steam cleaning the carpet!


I promise I'll start taking better pictures!  This one was just sort of an after thought!  Anyway...so far so good.  Nothing new to report.  My next appointment is on Thursday (the 7th).  Let's hope there's nothing new to report after that!  I learned the hard way that when it comes to pregnancy...no news tends to be good news!! 

On a final note, I want to wish everyone a safe, happy, and blessed 2010!  I hope the last decade has been a good one, and best wishes for the new year!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment