Monday, January 4, 2010

An artist maybe?

Or just defiant??  Ok, I know that markers are, in general, a bad idea for kids under the age of 5.  But I gave Caylie one to keep her entertained while we drove to Hickam to pick up Jon the other day.  She got a couple of them in a kids meal and really wanted to draw.  I am trying to give her more leeway on things like that, so I had a "talk" with her about keeping it on the paper, and being a big girl...yada, yada, yada.  She did really well.............. at first.  Then we get to the boat, I look at her, and this is what I see.

AAAAHHHHH!  Why, child?  Why, other than just to annoy me because I specifically told her no!!  My goodness, sometimes I just don't know what to do with her!!!!  I must admit, it's pretty funny, and I guess it could have been worse!  At least that just wiped right off with a baby wipe!  Oh heavens!!! 

On another note entirely....back pain!  My arch nemesis during pregnancy!  And 23 weeks is WAY too early to be in so much pain when I wake up in the morning.  But it doesn't matter what I do....I always wake up with back pain and I'm always taking tylenol with my coffee.  UGH!  No fun!  Well, on the positive side, this is the last time I will have to deal with it, and each day is one day closer to being done!!  =)  Again, I will admit the same, I really could have it much worse, so I will just focus on the blessings I have been given and all the positive sides of everything!! 

I guess that's one of my New Years resolutions.  I want to always be positive, and see the good in things.  Lately I have found myself being a really negative person.  I'm not normally like that, but getting pregnant this time has messed with my head!  I was finally 100% ok with just having the girls, and never having anymore babies.  Much less a son.  I was sad at first, but not for long.  Then we found out we were pregnant.  So that is a complete 180 in my mind.  And then it's a boy on top of that, and I was just really NOT prepared for everything, and altogether I found myself focusing on all the "bad" or unplanned surprises.  I am determined to stay focused on the positive!  Go me!!  ha!

No comments:

Post a Comment