Friday, January 15, 2010

As promised!



Let me just say...I love this dog!  She's amazing!  And since I love this shot of her so much, I thought I'd share it!  And also, I'm going to brag about her for just a minute!  That animal is 95 pounds!  But she is the most gentle and patient dog I have ever seen.  EVER.  She is 3 TIMES Caylie's weight, and will let Caylie lead her all over the place.  She lays on the floor and doesn't move while Caylie literally does somersaults over her.  What makes this so impressive to me right now, is that Lucy is not even one year old yet!  She turns one next month.  That coupled with the fact that Lucy has been kind of sick, and on medication for almost two weeks to fight a staph infection!  Yet...she's still just as patient and gentle with the kids as I could ever ask her to be!  She's awesome!  Here are two of my favorite shots of her with the girls.  They just love her!!! 




She did take that piece of celery from Hanna!  She just knew I was looking at her, so she didn't want to take it while I was watching!!!  =)  Hanna loves feeding her, and Lucy waits very patiently for it!!! 

On another note entirely.  We got the news yesterday that Jon's packet didn't make it to yesterday's Warrant Board.  *crying*  Some guy in the security office didn't do his job in a timely manner and get Jon's security clearance stuff taken care of in time.  So now we wait until the May board.  There is nothing else that we can do.  It sucks, but we just deal with it, and be grateful that we get a few extra months in Hawaii.  On top of that, the news came down to the whole unit yesterday that the reservists are taking the deployment that was scheduled for some of these guys in June.  Good for some, bad for others.  Pretty irrelevant to us, but still.  Just goes to prove that things are constantly and forever changing around here, and in the military NOTHING is certain until it's on official orders!  No matter how much I am aware of that, it still manages to frustrate me on a regular basis! 

The pregnancy is going good.  Had a check up last week that went very well.  Nothing new or exciting happening.  I feel the little man move frequently now.  That's pretty cool!  This is my 24 week picture.  Since I'll be 25 weeks tomorrow, I'll take a new picture tomorrow, and post it then.

My next appointment is at 28 weeks.  I'll have to do the diabetes screening then.  YUCK!

Yesterday I had to take the girls in to get their blood draw for their hemoglobin and hematacrit tests.  NOT FUN!!  Caylie knew what was up and was on edge as soon as we walked into the lab.  Poor Hanna got a look on her face like somebody slapped her for no reason when they stuck that needle in her arm.  I felt so bad for my babies!  But the lady that did their blood draws is the only lady in there that I would ever let touch them.  She's the best one in there, and she has never, ever missed.  On me or them.  The first time I ever had to take Caylie in the girl that did it missed, and poor Caylie was traumatized.  After all was said and done though...they did really well.  I was proud. 
Hanna showing off her bandaged arm


When I took that off her arm this morning, I discovered she bruises pretty easily.  She ended up with two giant purple bruises.  Poor thing!!!

As for today...Jon is golfing right now.  I took the girls on a walk to the mini mart for slushies.  It was a nice way to get out and enjoy the sun for a bit before lunch.  Caylie was so funny.  She drank it so fast at first she gave herself a brain freeze!! 


So it's pretty quiet right now.  Hanna is napping and Caylie is resting in her room with a Barbie movie on.  It's been a good day so far.  I am thinking about making pizza bombs for dinner, but I have to wait for Jon to call and tell me if we are having a barbeque tonight or not.  I guess some of his friends from work might come over tonight for a while.  Oh well...should be a good night either way! 

No comments:

Post a Comment